For this search, you need to use Stathead Baseball’s Split Finders tool. It can be used to get both player and team data for both batting and pitching. When used for team batting, you can search one or multiple seasons. As I just wanted the data for a single season, I did a single season search.
Here is how to use Stathead Baseball to get the results in the above tweet.
- Go to Split Finders > Team Batting.
- Set Sort By to Descending and OBP.
- Make Seasons “2021 to 2021”.
- For Choose Split Type, select Home or Away.
- For Choose A Split, select Home.
- Under Team Filters, click or tap Choose a Team Filter.
- Then, click or tap Team.
- Click or tap Any Team
- Select New York Mets.
- Click or tap Get Results.
Under Current Search, you should see this:
▶︎ In the Regular Season, in 2021, For NYM, In the AL or NL or FL, Home (within Home or Away), sorted by greatest On-Base%.
To get the away game data, repeat the above steps, making this one change:
5. For Choose A Split, select Away.